Sunday, October 26, 2008

Camping in Nevada


This past weekend Casey had the opportunity to go camping with the YM in the ward. After a 40 minute drive, a cooler full of subway footlongs, and a couple of sleeping bags, we headed into the wild unknown. Ok, maybe it wasn't that wild, but rugged nonetheless. *(My wife is making fun of me because she thinks nonetheless sounds too much like "Nevertheless" and should only be used in the scriptures...) We put up our tent in the dark and it took us about 2 hours to figure it out. Next time you go camping, be sure to arrive before the sun goes down.

We had a really cool fireside, that included the testimonies of everyone in the group. One of the young men told the Jospeh Smith vision and it was real powerful. It was a really cool experience.

That night, the temperature dropped about a million degrees and was so cold I thought I was going to die. Or at least lose my feet, because it was too cold. (You mean to tell me I'm supposed to bring more than a sleeping bag? This isn't Rexburg!) After waking up 5 times from the blizzard in our tent, and the boulders underneath my sleeping bag, the sun finally came up.

Besides my sleeping experience, it was a great campout. Beautiful mountains, trees, wildlife, camp fires, and some subway sandwiches.

2 comments:

Trent and Mel said...

Did Rachel stay at home? How is she feeling? See you in a few weeks!

Vatcher Family said...

Hey Casey! It's Michael Vatcher! How are things going?