Thursday, July 2, 2009

Casey's New Project

I recently purchased a 1958 Chevy Apache "3100" fleetside. It had been sitting in a field for about 10 years. I bought it for $850 and I'm in the process of turning it into a rat rod. My in-laws were very excited to have me put this old truck in their barn (some sarcasm used there...).
This truck was used as a farm truck for many years. This project has already proven to be extremely fun and rewarding. It doesn't look like much yet, but soon enough it will be a really cool ride.










3 comments:

Trent and Mel said...

What a beauty!!!! Not!!! I'm sure she will be when you are done. Have fun with your GIANT project!

Casey and Rachel said...

Only classic car enthusiasts understand the beauty going on here. J E A L O U S

Kyle & Melanie Kropf said...

that's cool casey! to be honest, i think my dad has that same truck! i know he is fixing up his old apache truck that he has had for decades. i'm almost positive that it's the same year as the one that you have, except it has a side-step on the panel of the truck. right now the paint job is done and it looks really nice. he chose to do a midnight blue (navy) color. i can't wait to see the progress that you make on your truck! i'm sure you will have tons of fun!