Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My growing boy!

Isaiah sure is getting big. I just can't believe he is already 16 months old. It just seems like yesterday that he was a newborn. He keeps mommy really busy and helps the days to go by much faster while daddy is at work. It is so funny lately when he wakes up in the morning, he looks at me and says, "Mommy? A daddy?" Like mom, where is dad? So I have been telling him that daddy is gone bye bye at work. So the other day he asked me "Mommy? A dad?" Then he answered his own question by saying, "work" which sounded like "wook" because he can't say his R's very well yet. It was so cute! You can sure tell he misses his daddy. Every time Casey comes home from work Zaya runs over to his daddy all excited. Then he runs back to me and hugs my legs and then he runs back over to his daddy and starts jabbering. He is such a funny boy. I just love him to pieces.

Yesterday I made brownies for FHE and I tried to get Isaiah to lick the spatula. At first I held it toward him and he said "No" and pushed it away. So I tasted it and told him it was really good like cookies. So then I handed it to him and he sat down on the ground and started eating it. These are the pictures I got of him.

                                                                        Enjoying his treat!





After I took the spatula away. Poor boy.


It was so cute! I am sure he is always going to be begging for cookies or a D'nack or G'nack (which is how he says snack). The more he wants a snack the more loudly he enunciates the D or G. It cracks me up! What a silly little boy. He is starting to talk so much now. Here are some of the words I can think of that he is saying:
Snack: G'nack or D'nack (Fruit snacks are his favorite)
Popcorn: Botter
Cookie
Airplane: Aipane when he says it really fast and is excited it sounds like Appy. He says this every time he sees or hears an airplane, or every time we are in the car and he thinks he sees one.
Button: Butty although today he was starting to say Bunton. He LOVES buttons. He thinks light switches are buttons too. He even turned the lights off on us in Relief Society our first Sunday in our new ward. How embarrassing! He says "I see Butty" anytime he sees something he thinks is a button.
Beep: He loves anything that beeps, especially the microwave.
Teeth: Dee (He loves brushing his teeth).
Yogurt: Yogeet
Applesauce: Appsauce or Assauce
Milk:  Miulk
Water: Wateey
Bubbles: Bubbles bubbles
Duck
Bath
Book
Look: Nook
Outside: Ouside
Shoes
Puppy
Kitty: Titty
Blankie:  Bankie
Night night: Nigh night
Boo
Remote: Mote
Get You
Get it
Monkey
Hi
Hi Five: Hi fi
Bye Bye
Umm: He likes to hold the phone up to his ear and walk around the house saying umm then jabbering like crazy then every once in a while he will throw in another ummm like he is thinking and then start jabbering again. It is so cute it cracks me up!
Up:  He says this if he wants down or up.
Out:  He says this when he wants out of his car seat or high chair.
Ball
Nose
No!
Piano: Miano
Smile: Mile He says this when he gets a hold of the camera. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what he was saying, then I realized he was saying smile!

I am sure there are more words he says, but right now I think that is enough, and I can't think of anymore. It seems like he is learning one to two new words about every day now. He really is getting big!

A couple other things that he does that I think are so cute are that he loves dancing to music or any kind of beat. He even dances in his car seat by moving up and down to the beat. It is so funny. The other day we were walking to the mail box to get the mail and a car went past with its radio cranked up. Isaiah stopped walking and started dancing to the music right there on the side walk. It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh.

Also whenever he thinks something is neat or when he hears a noise he likes, he will open his mouth all the way and his eyes get big like he is really exited. It is so funny! Sometimes he will say, "mommy" to get my attention and then do this just to make me laugh. I think he likes the attention he gets from doing this because I like it so much. I think that is why he does it a lot. I will have to get a video of it, because it is really funny!

Okay one more funny story. The other day I gave him some pears to eat for lunch. He wasn't eating them very well. Then he saw the remote over on the table and he wanted it. So I told him if he finished his pears than he could get down and have the remote. So Isaiah thought I said "prayers" instead of "pears" so he folded his arms. He thought I was saying if you say your prayers then you can get down and have the remote. It was so funny! I was laughing really hard.

Well that is all the funny stories for now. Stay tuned for more updates on this silly boy that we love so much!

2 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Was laughing out loud at this post! What a sweet boy! Lucy still remembers him and says "Alember (remember) Isaiah?" then "Alember Rachel?" How far away are you guys again, cause we need to get together again soon!

Kyle & Melanie Kropf said...

you have the silliest boy on your hands! he really cracks us up! it's great that he is so vocal and learns quick! he'll have to teach bryce a thing or two. :)