Sunday, July 17, 2011

My first craft in ages!

So I finally decided to pull out the sewing machine that Casey bought me a few years back for my birthday and put it to good use. I made these two reversible car seat covers to try and make our boyish car seat look a little more feminine. I thought it was better than buying a whole new car seat, and it will help keep the sunshine out of her eyes. While making these car seat covers I learned a lot of patience and perseverance. I am so surprised that I finished the first one after much frustration, unpicking, broken needles, and crying to my mom on the phone over it all. :) And even more surprised that I finished the second one after how crazy the first one was. They are far from perfect but all in all I think they turned out pretty cute and I feel that more than anything I at least learned a few good life lessons through it all. I knew there was a good reason it had taken me so long to pull out that sewing machine...I always get so frustrated when sewing because something, if not a million things always seem to go wrong! :) Oh and in case you are wondering how I made them, I just looked at a ton of different ones on other peoples blogs and then just kind of made it up from there...so i am surprised they turned out as well as they did.








6 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

Those are SO SO cute!!! I made 1 and it's very simple!! I'm going to post pics of it soon! I feel the same way about my sewing machine too!! Haha

Lindsay said...

Those are darling! :) can't wait for you to have her!!

The Piepers said...

Those covers are SO very cute!! And inspiring. :) I love the ruffles. Good luck!

Jamie said...

So so cute!!! This is one lucky little girl:) I'm proud of you:)

Kyle & Melanie Kropf said...

i love the fabric! i need to make one of these sometime! you did a great job!

Trent and Mel said...

I think they both turned out so cute! Great job...You'll have to teach me sometime!