Sunday, September 4, 2011

Brooklyn Update

Brooklyn turned 6 weeks old yesterday! She is getting so big and I mean BIG! She is such a cute little chunk! She already weighs over 10 lbs when I took her in on the 1st to get her hips looked at! I think it was 10 lbs 2 oz. Isaiah was never chunky and it is fun seeing her cute little chub rolls!
She has been such a good natured little baby and I think this is the only reason I have survived all the craziness that has been going on in our lives the past few weeks. She rarely cries and if she does it is because she is needing to eat usually. Otherwise she may fuss a little and that is because she has a gas bubble or needs a diaper change, or just wants her binkie or something.
She has such a sweet little spirit and she has brought so much joy and happiness to our lives already! I love seeing her smile which she is doing more and more of every day! When I may be having a hard day or something and I just need a little cheering up all I have to do is hold her and talk to her a little and she will smile at me and all my cares go away and I feel happy again. It really is like magic.
Her hair is also falling out. It was so crazy on I think the 17th of Augaust (so she was not quite a month old) is when I noticed her hair was starting to fall out a little, so I started rubbing my hand over her head and handfulls of her soft fuzzy hair just started to fall out! It was kind of crazy. It all fell out in like two days just tons at once! Hopefully that is normal. The back hair still hasn't fallen out so she kind of looks like she has a skullet but we still think she is cute anyway and hopefully her hair will either finish falling out or hurry up and grow back in so it doesn't look too silly for too long. Her hair already seems to be coming back in a little so I am hoping she won't be bald for as long as Isaiah was when he was tiny. :)
I am not sure what color her hair or eyes are going to be for sure yet, but just from my observations and my best guess, I think her hair is going to stay dark and her eyes will be blue, but that is just my guess. That could be completely wrong, or even if it isn't it could change. Who knows? I just think it is fun to guess.
She usually eats every 2-3 hours and at night she almost always goes at least 5-6 hours now (which she has been doing for a few weeks now!) It makes such a big difference!
She usually only poops once or twice a day, which is so opposite of what Isaiah did! I am starting to wonder if that is why she is getting so fat! Maybe she is absorbing more of the nutrients instead of pooping them all out. :) ??? Anyway they seem to be quite opposite of each other so far.
She got her hip brace on on Thursday and she absolutely hated it! She screamed and screamed! I have never seen her so mad about anything! Not even when she gets pretty hungry does she cry that bad! It just broke my heart and it was so hard for me to see her be so frustrated when she would try to move her legs and then she couldn't and then she would just be scarlet red with tears rolling down her face and I could barely calm her down. She had to be held most of that day, but she has now gotten used to it thank heavens! I was worried my happy baby would never be happy again! but she is back to her usual self and I am so glad she is such a calm baby or she may really have had trouble wearing this brace! I will give you more of my feeling about the hip brace on a future post. But for now that is about all I can think of about our sweet little Brooky! We sure have enjoyed having her in our home!

Oh and one more thing I wanted to write down before I forget...this one is about Isaiah. The other day about a week ago or so I was trying to get a lot done and probably wasn't giving Isaiah the attention he needed. SO he was starting to do things to get my attention...like make more messes and things and I was getting a little frustrated. I stopped to think for a minute and realized Zaya just needed a little love and attention too. So I sat down on the couch and told Isaiah that I loved him very much and gave him a big kiss and hug which he returned. I then told him that he was my special boy. Then he looked at me and said, "You are my special friend mom." I was expecting him to just mimic back exactly what I had said to him, since that is his favorite thing to do lately, but I was shocked when he changed it from boy to friend. It is times like these that having children is so worth  it! I just love the sweet things they do and say!

I love these cute little chubby arms!

Three weeks old


1 month old

So sweet and peaceful

My little chunk!

This is the skullet hair I was talking about. :)

She loves baths.

Double chin.

Sweet little smile

Picture is kinda dark but it is a funny face. 

6 weeks old

Sleeping peaceful.
You can sort of see how her legs are not together anymore. It makes it a little hard to swaddle her and feed her and cuddle her with the brace on. I will post pictures of the brace soon.

All ready for church today before I  put  her brace back on.

Not sure why this one is side ways. Oh well. :)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Rachel she is so adorable!! And don't worry, the same thing happened to Avery. Her hair fell out on top but not in the back, it looks just like brooklyn's actually! :) what a cute family you have.

Trent and Mel said...

She is so cute! It must be hard to have your baby in braces, but worth it if it corrects the issue. Poor baby!

Rebecca said...

Carson was born with a bunch of dark hair, which all fell out within the first couple of months and grew back in blonde! She's beautiful, Rachel! Congrats!