Monday, January 23, 2012

Brooklyn 6 months old!

Can you believe that she is already half a year old?! I can't! I'm not sure where the time went but it sure did go by fast! She is still my sweet little girl although she is definitely growing up fast! She has been eating solids since we got home from our Christmas/Wedding trip and she now loves eating rice cereal with bananas and wheat cereal with applesauce. Those are her favorites. The last week or so I started introducing some veggies. She has tried sweet potatoes and likes them okay and today for the first time peas. She wasn't a huge fan, but ate them alright. Her rice cereal with bananas makes her constipated, so I tried giving her some prunes the other day and she hated them! Her face was soooo funny! I had to mix some in with her cereal in order for her to even eat it, but it sure did the trick! :) She usually eats solids once or twice a day now and is getting to be quite the champ at it.

One of her favorite things to do is watch Isaiah. She loves him so much and wishes he would give her more attention. She giggles so much when he will laugh with her! It is the cutest thing ever! Yesterday when I was getting them ready for bed I pulled their shirts off part way so they were stuck on their heads like hats and had them both look in the mirror together. They were both laughing so hard I wish I could have gotten it on video, but Casey was gone and I was holding Brooky so I just enjoyed the moment while it lasted. :)

She also loves shaking her rattles, getting put up high in the air, and looking in the mirror. She loves to rock back and forth and loves slamming her head back into the couch while she rocks. She can sit up really good now, but loves rocking so much I have to be careful or she will just suddenly throw herself back. :) She is also loving bath time and is starting to learn how to make some pretty good waves. I am sure before long they will be splashing everywhere! I think she loves it so much because she can kick those legs as much as she wants in there because she isn't wearing her brace. She still loves twirling her ankles and is such a sweet baby most of the time. Lately she has been a little more cranky and I am not sure if she is getting ready to cut teeth, or if it is the little cough she has that is bothering her. But we sure love this sweet baby and her big fat rolls! And I can never get enough of her chubby cheeks! She definitely knows her name and will always look at you when you call for her. She still usually wakes up once a night to eat, but it usually isn't too bad, so doesn't bother me too much, but I was hoping now that she was on solids that she would start sleeping through the night. Oh well. Here is my beautiful baby and yes i may be biased, but I think she is a doll, even with that big scratch she gave herself. She woke up with it on Sunday morning. It sure was a big one and her fingernails aren't even long!

These are the pictures of her at 6 months old. She is my little doll, even with the big scratch.

I LOVE this cute girl!



She looks so big to me in this one! 







Her hair is starting to get thick and she already has way more hair than Isaiah did at this age. Even if it still is short. :)

These ones were taken just a few days before she turned 6 months, but she doesn't have that big scratch on her cheek, so I thought I would include them too. :)

She smiles so easy and at everyone! I love it!

All Smiles

So Happy

This face cracks me up!

Isaiah took this picture. He has been taking several lately. Most of them I have to delete, but this was a cute one. She actually likes the food, but is turning to look at him and he was so close she blinked when the flash blinded her! :) 

1 comment:

Ben & Carli said...

So adorable, she is a doll. I can't believe she is so big. I love the picture that Zaya took, he got a good one. I can't believe how fast they grow up and then at the same time I wonder if they will ever be big enough to take care of themselves, some days are just long.