Saturday, January 7, 2012

Oh Isaiah!!!!

Not sure how other mom's do it? I can't seem to get into the shower without Isaiah getting into something. Once before when I was showering I heard Isaiah come into the bathroom towards the end of my shower. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "eating chocolate milk." Immediately I though of the huge mess he probably made. I looked out to see the damage and he had a bag of chocolate chips. He had pushed a chair over to the freezer, climbed up and got himself a bag of chocolate chips. Then he proceeded to find the scissors and cut the bag open and eat them to his little hearts content! Well today I hopped in the shower and because Casey was gone this Saturday I put on Over the Hedge for Isaiah to watch while I got in. Well I am not sure if he got this idea from the movie or what, but part way through my shower I hear screaming. Brooklyn is asleep and I knew it was Isaiah! I yell out and ask him if he is alright. He yells back that he is, but he is still screaming. I decide I better get out all conditionary and all and see what is going on. Well he had decided to climb onto the kitchen counter and then up onto the toaster over and was hanging onto the shelves inside the cabinet for dear life! He was trying to reach something (i think either the pecans or marshmallows) on the highest shelf. I got him down and gave him the pretzels which he had already taken out and made sure he wasn't hurt. Then I quickly got back in the shower to finish rinsing off. Well Isaiah was still crying up until I finished showering. After I got out I came out to the living room to see what was going on and asked him why he was sad? He said, "Isaiah's sad because he's too wild" LOL!!!! He was still scared from almost falling off the toaster oven to the ground. I'm not sure what else to do, but a woman has to shower and I don't know  how to ever get in if he is going to keep doing things like this! It really could have been bad had he fallen that far! I feel like a bad mom when this kind of stuff happens, but there is no way to keep him contained and still get a shower in. Anyone have any good suggestions?

5 comments:

Brady & Kelsey said...

boys boys boys!!!! And I have the same problem...unfortunately my way of showering is at night or early morning (while the kids are sleeping). :(

Jamie said...

Ohhh man!! Rach, you are an AMAZING mom!! I don't have any advice at all, but he's learning and hopefully this passes soon:) Soon enough he'll be the one keeping Brookie from doing it and coming to interrupt your shower to report on his little sister! Miss you guys:)

Landon and Alaina said...

When I am desperate for a shower, (because lets face it, sometimes the stretch is three days in between) I put a door handle child lock inside Ariahs bedroom door and shut the door. That way the damage is contained to one room and I know she is not scaling the shelves in the pantry. Good luck!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Oh, Rach. That sweet little Zaya boy. Just watching and listening to him over the break made me love that little boy so much! And something I have done (don't know if he is too smart for this) is to put the kids in the bathroom with me and lock the door(s). I'm sure you can figure something out! Love you so much!

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

haha! He cracks me up! Sounds like he is a wild boy! Lol! Broden does really good at just sitting and watching a movie or playing games on the ipod while I shower...But if he did crazy things like that (he has once or twice), I would put him in a pack n play with some toys and books and tell him to play for just a little while, and that i'd be back to get him in however many minutes. This works for us on days he doesn't need a nap..and he will play in there for 1-2 hours...Hopefully that will work for you!

I just read your comment on my blog. That is so funny Zaya talks about Allison on our picture! haha! And yes, I do miss the sweet diapers too! :( I was very sad to see them go. I wish we lived closer so they could play too! Would be so much fun!