Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Our IvyRose Spica Chair + Brooky 10 months old!

Spica Chair
Our new custom built IvyRose Spica chair came in the mail today! But before I could unbox it or put it together, I had to clean out Brooky's cast. She had her first big blowout in it. And there is nothing I could have done to prevent this. There was just so much poop that there was nowhere left for it to go, but up her back and into the cast. Gross. I know! So after about half a pack of wipes, the stick of my spatula, a blow drier on the cool setting and some old burp rags, and 2+ hours of my time, we got my sweet girl all cleaned up and dried out. The last thing I wanted was for her to stink and get sores, so I made sure to do a thorough job cleaning it out! So once we got that all taken care of I got to open our long awaited chair. Although it really wasn't that long. Especially for getting it less than two weeks after ordering it. We all love the chair and it has already changed everything. Although Brooky was happy before we got it, she can now sit up normally once again and eat her finger foods and play with her toys like she used to! It is so nice! Even Isaiah loves it and he kept asking for his turn in the chair. He enjoyed eating his snack in it while she was taking her nap! Love our cute little watermelon chair and can't imagine what we would do without this thing! Out of all the different chairs we could have picked we decided to get a watermelon because our Brooky is sweet, juicy, and heavy just like a watermelon! :) Plus we thought it was cute and would be cute for the summer! So check out our pics! This is a must have (in my opinion) for anyone going through a kid in a spika cast!

Isaiah fell in love with the chair immediately. He loved helping me screw it together with the tools (screwdriver) and then he couldn't wait to sit in it and play with his sister!

I love this face! Cracks me up every time I look at it!

Enjoying some cheerios together

She has a huge fistful of them! 

Isaiah eating his orange for snack time while his sister was asleep.

After she woke up she got to try out her new chair!

Zaya wanted in too!

These shots are without the top lid/table piece on.

Love how they put her name on the back at no extra cost! :)

She totally loves this thing!

On the reverse side it has chalkboard paint so they can draw! So fun!

It says To Brooklyn with love

10 months old (this is the other side of the lid...the top)

This is a view of the bottom/underneath so you can see how she sits in it with her cast on.

So happy to be rockin' in her new chair!

Love this face too!

Sweet smile

10 months old. I think she is adorable!

Brooky 10 Months Old!
~Since last month Brooky has put on a couple of pounds! LOL. pretty sure she didn't gain too much wait except for the additional 7lbs of cast! 
~Her hair is getting longer in the back. When her hair gets wet it gets curly. YAY! I think she may have wavy or curly hair like me, but it is still a little too early to tell for sure. I wouldn't be surprised though!
~She is also starting to voice her opinion! When she doesn't like something she lets you know by screaming. Usually because she needs a diaper change or is board, or because she dropped a toy that she can't reach. When she does this Isaiah tells her "No Brooklyn don't do that!" :)
~She is also starting to talk. I am not sure if she knows the words or not, but she babbles a lot and she has said, mama, dada, muma, and Iyaya! I swear she is yelling for Isaiah all the time. And I can't believe she could be talking already, but the more I hear her babble, I really think she is saying these words for real! She also says baba a lot too! Don't know if she really knows the meaning and connects them to us or not, but hey, maybe she will be like Isaiah and since she isn't mobile yet maybe she will be more concentrated on learning sounds and words instead of cruising around the house. I swear that is the reason Zaya picked up words so quickly, but maybe not, it is just my best guess.
~Her favorite games are peak-a-boo, reading books, and rocking back and forth. She still does it even in her cast! She also enjoys watching videos with her brother. Which I don't think is a good thing!
~She is still my happy baby and I love her more each day!

1 comment:

Ben & Carli said...

So adorable Rachel! I love the chair and it looks like she does too. I can't believe she is 10 months already. What a sweet little girl.