Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Brooky!

Brooky turned 1 year old on Monday! She had a fun simple little birthday. She pretty much slept the whole day! I'm not sure if she was worn out from church the day before or if she is going through a growth spurt, or  maybe a combination of both, but she slept so much! She didn't wake up until 9:00am. Then she went back down for her nap at 10:00 and slept until 1:20. Then she went back to sleep at 4:00pm and slept til 6:00pm. After sleeping in and then napping for almost 5 1/2 hours she was finally ready to party! While she was nice and happy and rested we took her outside to take some cute pictures. Then we came in and had dinner opened presents. Then we waited for Uncle Jeff and Aunt Yolanda to show up so we could have cake and ice cream. They just happened to be in town for Jeff's work, so it was fun to see them, although by the time they got here both the kids were ready for bed, so they didn't get to see them too much! But I think even though we just had a simple family party...it was perfect for my sweet girl. Lots of sleep and chocolate cake sound like the perfect birthday to me! :)

Enjoy all the pictures! I couldn't decide...so I just put up lots! :)
                                    






















She liked tasting her streamers. :)

Zaya liked playing Ninja

And peek a boo!

This picture reminds me a lot of the one of zaya on his first birthday. I can't find it right now though...

Opening presents

Her first little ponytail and her new dolly!

Her not so pretty cake...it was supposed to say Brooky 1. But the rushed sprinkles didn't work so well, especially with Isaiah helping me. :) It tasted good though.

Getting ready to blow out the candle (which Isaiah helped her with.) 

Loving every bit of that cake!


Shoving some cake in!

Cracks me up how she only eats with her right hand. The left one only gets dirty if she uses it to try and get food off of her face with it or if she can only reach the food from that side of her chair. :)

Now that she is one year old she has three bottom teeth, long enough hair to make a little ponytail on top, and is still saying about the same amount of words as last month. She is not walking or crawling yet, but for good reason I guess. :) She is my sweet sweet girl that is very resilient, strong, and cute as can be! We love her to pieces! And are so happy that she got to get a new cast just two days after her birthday...kinda like a late birthday gift. :)

3 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Oh, she is just the cutest, Rach! The pictures turned out so great. And I agree. Lots of sleep and chocolate cake seems like the perfect birthday to me, too. :)

Jamie said...

Beautiful little pictures! Sweet Brooky sure is a precious little girl:) We can't believe she's 1!! So glad the new cast is working out well. I LOVE the pink:)

funtasia nyc said...

First cake smash! Brooky looks messy yet still adorable!