Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Little Man and Pumpkin Carving

On Saturday we took a little trip up a little ways north to Floyd Lamb park. It is a really nice park here in Las Vegas that we had never heard of or been to before. It cost $6 to get in, but there were really nice ponds for Casey to fish in. It was a beautiful day to sit outside on the grass and watch daddy fish. I loved it because being there felt a little more like Idaho with all the trees and grass. It is the nicest park I have been to here. Isaiah enjoyed being outdoors, pushing his stroller, chasing the ducks and geese, seeing all the puppies, and learning how to fish. :) He is already so much like his dad. 
We finally went and got Isaiah a new church outfit, because he is getting so big that his belly was sticking out of his other one. I think he is so handsome. I am surprised that I actually got a good picture of him smiling, because it was time to go down for a nap. Our church is at 2:00, right when Isaiah goes down for his nap. This makes for a very interesting time at church and one exhausted boy and parents by the time we get home. This past Sunday Isaiah was so tired that he fell asleep on Daddy's shoulder as he carried him in from the car. Poor boy. It will be nice once he can finally go to nursery next month.
This year we decided to wait a little closer to Halloween to carve our pumpkins so that they would still look good on Halloween. I remember the last time we lived in Vegas we did it a few weeks before and by the time Halloween got here our pumpkins were starting to get all mushy. I am not sure if this was because it is hotter here or what, but hopefully they will last at least a week this time. :) I am pretty proud of our work. Isaiah really likes the "punkins" as he calls them. He loved going outside to see them and wanted to do it all night long. I think he liked the candle lights inside because he started crying when I blew them out and told him that the pumpkins were going night night.
Something Isaiah is constantly doing is rearranging my  shoes. He will move them all around on the shoe rack, stack them on the toilet, and bath tub. The thing he does the most though, is stack them like this on the bed, and it just cracks me up. He will put them on the bed, then take them back to the shoe rack, then put them back on the bed, then throw them on the floor. It seems I am always looking for my shoes. I'm just glad he likes playing with some of the things we already have so we don't have to buy him so many toys. 
Handsome Isaiah in his new church clothes
My Handsome Boys!!
Isaiah ready to fish at  Floyd Lamb Park in Las Vegas
Isaiah learning how to turn the reel
 Isaiah thinks its fun to put our shoes in a line, on our bed, every day
Pumpkin carving at the Davis home
Casey's Pumpkin
Rachel's Pumpkin
Spooky Cat and Head with Bugs

2 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

My kids are going to be jealous of the pumpkins!:) Zaya looks so old in his new church clothes. He is such a sweet little boy even if he likes to pull your shoes out every day. I've given up on picking up after Lucy. I make the kids do it. Or Lucy. Happy Halloween!

The Piepers said...

Isaiah is so cute! He looks like a good mix between the two of you. And I'm not sure I could handle that spider-ridden pumpkin being on my porch! I get itchy just looking at it. What a fun idea. :)