Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

This year for Halloween I thought it would be fun to try and make a costume for Isaiah. It was a lot of fun and turned out pretty cute, or at least I thought so. It was a lot more cute in person watching him waddle around in it. :)
I realized that Halloween was on Sunday this year and was wondering if there was even going to be an occasion for Isaiah to wear his costume. Luckily the ward had a trunk or treat so we decorated our trunk and put on our costumes and went to trick or treat in the church parking lot. :) We had a lot of fun trying to decide how to decorate our trunk and I think our trunk turned out really awesome. If they would have been giving out prizes I think we would have one first place. It was really disappointing when we showed up and not too many other adults were dressed up with their little kids. Also there were a lot of people who didn't even dress up or decorate their trunks. So maybe we went a little overboard, but we had a lot of fun in the process. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. We have never been trunk or treating before, so I guess we aren't really to blame. I just wish people would be a little more festive sometimes though.
I know none of our costumes really go together, Isaiah was a giraffe. I was a black cat, and Casey was Nacho Libre (sort of.) Once he saw that hardly anyone else had on costumes he took off his mask. So I didn't get any pictures of him in his costume. I'm just glad all our costumes were really cheap, so it didn't really matter much. :)
I was really amazed at how well Isaiah did wearing his costume. I thought for sure he would be ripping the horns and ears off of his head, but he kept them on the whole time. Prior to Halloween I had been letting him wear the head band...trying to get him used to it. I would tell him that he looked cute! Then he would run over to the mirror and say cute. I guess it must have worked because he just loved waddling around in his costume all night long. I was also really surprised at how much he actually liked the trick or treating. I didn't think he would really get into it that much since he is so young, but he loved holding his bucket and going around getting "snacks" and "treats." I gave him a few pieces of candy throughout the night and he would say "mmmmm." I guess I was wrong to think that he was too young to enjoy Halloween because he sure had a lot of fun. We even got him to say "Haween". I wish we would have gotten a video of it all. Enjoy the pictures.

Isaiah ready to go trick or treating!

He couldn't wait to get out the door.

Waiting for all the fun to start.

Daddy somewhat in his costume.

I think he was searching for the jungle. :)

Happy Halloween!

Momma and Zaya ready for trunk or treating

Our scary trunk!

We had a tombstone that said "RIP Mr. Bones" and "This man died in this car"

Zaya taking a break from trick or treating. We put him in the stroller because he likes it and wouldn't run off. :)

Another scary view of our trunk.

Baby Giraffe and his daddy

4 comments:

Trent and Mel said...

Wow, Zaya's costume turned out really cute! Our trunk or treat was opposite, we didn't dress up, but EVERYBODY else did and in GREAT costumes. We will now dress up for next years trunk or treat, and decorate the trunk better! Your trunk was awesome! See you guys soon!

Peruch Family said...

What a cute costume! Zaya looked adorable. We also went to a trunk or treat and we dressed up but not many other adults did. Cosette was a ballerina.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

So cute, Rach! Loved little Zaya's costume especially. Such fun pictures, too. I guess I don't get into Halloween (at least the dress-up/decorating part). Looks like you had a great time!

Jamie said...

Cutest. Giraffe. Ever. I LOVE it Rach! You are the master:) I can't believe Vegas wasn't into halloween... our ward goes ALL OUT! I thought it must be a warm weather thing... guess it's just crazy Phx!