Tuesday, November 16, 2010

18 Months old and 1st Haircut

My little boy isn't so little anymore. Isaiah is 18 moths old today! I can't believe how much he has been learning these past few weeks and months. I gave him his first haircut this morning. His hair was starting to get long. I didn't want to cut it before, because it is so thin I was afraid he would look bald again after I cut it. I think it turned out pretty cute. I still can't believe this is his first hair cut! It was easier than I thought. Isaiah did really well and didn't wiggle around too much. He wasn't afraid of the clippers either.

Since Isaiah is 18 months old now I wanted to write a little about him and what he likes to do at this age. Although he is now old enough to go to nursery, he doesn't like it because he misses his mommy. I am going to see if I can go in with him for the first hour until he gets used to it. It is hard because I have a primary class, so I can't be in there with him. He is a HUGE momma's boy! For the most part I like this and the fact that he is more snugly now, but sometimes it would be nice if I could leave him for a little while without him constantly wondering where I am.

Another thing that Isaiah loves right now is daddy's little fishing pole. Casey lost the top half of one of his fishing poles, so he gave the leftover piece to Isaiah to have as his fishing pole. He took the real and everything off, so is basically just a short fishing pole stick just his size. He loves to carry it around the house and says, "fishin'." On Saturday we asked Isaiah if he wanted to go fishing and he got really excited and said, "ALRIGHT!" I wish we would have had time to take him, maybe this weekend. He is already so much like his dad. :)

He also loves to brush his teeth, comb his hair, put on makeup, put on necklaces and bracelets, and anything else momma does. He also is starting to be a good little helper and likes to help me sort (and unsort) the laundry. He likes to help me throw things in the garbage. And he also likes to help me cook. He says, "Garbeeg" "Cookin" and "Laundy Basket". He says lots of other new words too. Yesterday I taught him our names. He says Davis really good. Casey and Rachel he can say, but not as well as Davis. He is my sweet little boy and I love him soooo much. He is at such a fun stage and I wish he would quit growing up so fast so I could enjoy him even longer. Oh and one other funny thing I just thought of. Since we got back from visiting our Grandparents in CA last week he has been calling everyone he sees that is older a grandma or grandpa. It is so funny. I think he met so many new Great Grandparents that he got confused and thinks that everyone is his grandma and grandpa now. :)
Before Haircut. It doesn't look very long when it is flat against his head.

You can see it is hanging over his ears a little. It is usually worse than this.

It was really long in the back and when it gets static electricity, it looks so hilarious

More long hair

His new look

This is how much hair I cut off.

It really wasn't a lot, but made a big difference.

Isaiah with his new haircut and fishing pole

Smiling so big you can see the crackers in his mouth :)

Those crackers are making his teeth look yellow. :)  Cute typical cheesy smile though.

Lots Better without the crackers.

My favorite smile! Zaya 18 months old!

2 comments:

Ben & Carli said...

So cute, I can't believe what a little man he is. I love the pictures, they are darling.

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Isn't it crazy how a little bit of a haircut will make them look so grown up? I think that even still every time I give Matthew a haircut. He is so cute, Rach. Oh, how I wish we lived closer!