Tuesday, May 10, 2011

April Fun!

April went by so quickly and I can't believe May is here and almost halfway over. I guess it must be because we have had so many fun things going on. They always say, "time flies when you are having fun"!  We were able to enjoy conference at the beginning of April. Isaiah still asks to watch the prophet on TV. It is really funny. During conference break Casey was making himself some fishing lures. He was using my bright colored fingernail polish to paint some of them and Isaiah just happened to get a hold of the blue one and quick as a flash started putting it on like makeup. I guess he thought it was mascara or something. I was freaking out a little because I didn't know how I was going to get it off, but luckily it came off with a little warm water, but not before Isaiah started rubbing it and it started to flake off and crumble in his eye, which caused further rubbing. Luckily no harm seems to have been done, but I was pretty worried at first. Silly boy, I thought he might have a blue eye for a while.

I also got to celebrate my birthday which was really fun. I had a doctor appointment that day which went really well and was the fastest one yet. Then we all went out to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was delicious and Isaiah was even well behaved, which made it all the more enjoyable. Casey bought me some wonderful gifts including potted succulents and Larkrise to Candleford season 3. I was also able to buy a rocking chair with some of the birthday money that I received and am so excited to use it even more once this little girl gets here. Isaiah already loves reading stories in it and if he ever catches me just sitting in it and relaxing he will go and get a story for me to read to him. :) Thanks again everyone for all the birthday wishes and gifts.

We also found a fun little place to go mini golfing not too far from our house. Isaiah had a blast throwing the balls around the golf course and dancing to the music that they had playing in the background. It was tons of fun!

We also celebrated Easter and I will do a separate post on this one.

This past weekend (in March) we went to the San Genaro Feast/ Festival that Las Vegas has every year. We had a lot of fun going around to all of the different booths. Isaiah enjoyed all the goodies (chocolate covered strawberries, Italian sausages, and lemonade) and he loved riding on the pony. He wanted to ride the black one, but then in the middle of the ride he kept saying, "get down now" and it was because he wanted to try riding all of the other brown ponies. I think he just wanted a turn on every pony. I was surprised that he actually liked it and wasn't afraid at all. We had a lot of fun and we will probably continue to go every year.

I think that is about all we have been up to lately oh ya, and Casey and I just got called to be the cub scout leaders over the wolves in our ward. We are excited, but have no idea what we are doing yet. I am sure we will figure it out though, and it should be fun.

Blue nail-polish eye
Close up shot, it is even on his eyelashes
Case making his homemade fishing lures
I think they are called buck tail jigs. :)

Me on my birthday

Birthday shot with my sweet Zaya

Watching sesame street or some other you tube video with dad

I love this picture because Zaya is not a snuggly little boy at all!

Going golfin'




Zaya even got a hole in one on the first hole, but it was by throwing the ball down the putting green. :)

Riding the black pony

San Genaro Feast pony ride 

Chocolate covered smile
Sporting moms high heels.
He loves wearing all my shoes, but high heels are his favorite because of the load noises they make when he walks.

Zaya sporting more high heels

Looking a little ashamed or something. (Actually he was just really tired getting home from 2:00 church). This  picture just cracks me up so I had to post it. :)

1 comment:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Always love the updates, Rach. I will have to show this to Lucy because she always likes to know what is going on with "Zaya." Looks like you guys really have been having a lot of fun. :)