Friday, July 8, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Okay so I know this was a few weeks ago, but here are the most recent belly pics of me 35 weeks along with this little girl.
35 weeks

35 weeks with little girl

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. The doctor thinks it may be a good thing to induce me a little early because I have extra fluid and that combined with the gestational diabetes makes it a little more scary I guess. Anyway it isn't too crucial but they want to keep monitoring me. If by the time I see the doctor next week I am dilated or progressing more, then they may induce my on the 18th or 19th. If I am still at maybe a 1 (which is what I am now) then they will probably wait until my body is more ready for labor. They just don't want me to end up having a long hard labor or having to have a c-section because of inducing too early. Anyway that is where we are at at this point. Lots of monitoring (twice a week) plus seeing my regular doctor.

I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and everything looks great besides the extra fluid. They think she weighs 7 lbs 5 oz, but it could be a pound more or less. They got a really cute 3D picture of her face and with all the pregnancy hormones I almost started crying when I saw it. Something crazy about being able to see her so clearly...it just choked me up a bit! Crazy pregnancy hormones anyway. I don't have a scanner so I took a picture of it to put on here, it isn't the clearest, but you can get an idea anyway. Wish you could see the actual one. :) I think it is cute, but of course I am very biased. :)
Little girl at 37 1/2 weeks gestation

3D picture
~So other than that you may be wondering if we have picked a name yet, and we really aren't sure! There is one we are leaning towards, but are not sure on and we have no clue on the middle name still. So I guess we either better get it figured out soon, or hopefully it will come to us when she is born. :) 
~I have had some swelling in my feet and ankles and it is always worse in my left leg for some reason but it hasn't been too bad. It usually only lasts a couple of days then goes away. Then it will come back. I think when I stay hydrated and try and not sit or stand too long, then it stays away.
~My tailbone aches every now and then.
~ Lots of pressure on my bladder at night and it hurts like crazy so I always have to get up in the middle of the night, but other than that am sleeping pretty well, thank goodness.
~Not really any food cravings, but i think maybe I do crave peanut butter. It is weird though, because I have never loved peanut butter, but now I am eating it like crazy, either PB and J or on sliced apples. Maybe it is just because it is a good protein that works well with my diet. But either way I am eating tons! :) Other than that no real food cravings this pregnancy. 
~Okay one last thing that I think is really funny is that now that my belly is so big I always make a sort of grunting noise when I bend over to pick something up off of the floor (because it is really uncomfortable) so now Isaiah does the same thing when he picks stuff up. It really cracks me up! He makes it sound like what he is doing is soooo hard! :)

1 comment:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

So great to hear how you are doing. You will be hearing from me soon! Love you, Rach. And oh, that Zaya cracks me up! Cute boy and it looks like you will definitely have another cute one!