Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our past 6 weeks!

Wow how time flies! It has been a really crazy but good past 6 weeks. I can't believe that Brooklyn is already 6 weeks old (yesterday). Since she has been born this is what we have been up to.... So after Brooklyn was born things were going very well with everything so we officially decided that we needed to move as soon as possible to California. Otherwise I would have been home by myself during the week while Casey commuted back and forth on the weekends from San Diego. I didn't want to try and cope with being by myself with a brand new baby and adjusting to having two kids on my own, so I thought the sooner we could move the better. I really didn't want t move but I knew the sooner the better and that it was what we were supposed to do. It was hard saying goodbye to friends and our new home and moving once again. Not to mention the fact that Brooklyn was only 2 weeks old when we arrived here in San Diego. So two days before we were to move I took Brooklyn in for her check up and the doctor found that her left hip was really loose and wanted to schedule us for a hip ultrasound to check for certain. We were unable to get in to the radiologist before we left, which was really frustrating. So the doctor said it would be fine if we waited until we got here to do it. So we moved into our apartment here in Vista, CA on the 11th of August and had tons of help from the ward here unloading the truck which was such a blessing. We were here a week and then we left to drive 15 hours all the way to Idaho for a family reunion that I refused to miss. :) I will do a separate post about that with lots of pictures. Once we returned from that I was able to take Brooklyn in on September 1st (since our new insurance took effect that day) and get her hips looked at again. The doctor here told me that her left hip was really loose. Instead of doing a scan he just wanted to get her in a hip brace right away. So right after that appointment I had to drive down to the other hospital location and get the brace put on. We still don't know exactly what we will have to do with her hips but she will have to be in the brace for months...not sure how many, and we know this is just the beginning step of fixing her hip. I will also post more about this later. Anyway we are finally back and life is starting to get back to normal again! It has been a crazy past few weeks and they have flown by so quickly. We are starting to adjust to our apartment here in Vista. I think the things that we are adjusting to the most are the weather, which is really nice, but humid, which is such a change from the dry desert heat! Also the crazy traffic and roads here. It is not nearly as easy to navigate as Vegas because there are many twisty roads that change names, lots of hills, and just weird little streets. But I  love all the beautiful plants and flowers here! Everything grows here and it is so fun seeing some of the plants I studied in school and exciting for me to try and figure out what half of the ones are that I have never seen before! We are also really excited about living only 10 minutes drive from the ocean and are excited to go explore and relax there as much as we can.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Glad you guys are getting settled in and I hope Brooklyn's hip heals!! You need to post pics of you little girl, I can't wait to see her!! :)