Thursday, March 29, 2012

Brooklyn 8 months and Silly Zaya

Silly Zaya

Okay before I forget I have to write down some of the funny stuff Zaya has been saying lately! He cracks me up.  So just a minute ago he comes up to me and out of the blue he says, "Mom do I understand you?" And I said, "do you understand me?" and he said, "Yep". After Zaya does something and we explain something to him (usually after he has done something wrong) we say, "Do you understand me?" Like do you get that you are not supposed to do that!? So now every once in a while he will come up to me and say things like "Do you understand me mom?" It cracks me up!

Then yesterday we were just leaving in our car on our way to Legoland...(more about that in a post to come) and I said,"Okay Zaya we are all set. Are you ready to go to Legoland?" And he said, "Mom did you put on your makeup?" Like mom are you sure we are ready to go? I don't remember waiting for you to put on your makeup? But it totally came across the way he said it was like I would be embarrassed to be seen with you if you forgot to put on your makeup! It made me laugh so hard! :) I was so proud of myself for getting us all out the door so early in the morning and got up extra early to get ready, so I guess he never saw me put my makeup on. Silly boy!

The other night we were reading stories before bed and Zaya was sitting in the middle of the couch with Brooklyn on one side and me on the other side of him and we were reading his animal book. Well every 30 seconds or so Brooky would reach out to grab the book and every time Zaya would say to her very demandingly, "Wait a minute Brookyln. Wait a minute!" And then he would turn the page himself. It was funny because he usually calls her Brooky, not Brooklyn. And he just wanted to turn the page, instead of her. :)

On Monday night I asked Zaya what he wanted to do for FHE (Family Home Evening). He said he wanted to read the Book of Mormon. We thought that was a good idea. So he ran back to the bedroom to grab one of the several copies that the missionaries have given him. (He asks for one almost every time they come over it seems.) So we decided to read some verses in the beginning of Helaman. We would read him a fed words and then he would say them back to us. We were reading and got to  Ch.1 Vs. 4 that goes like this "Now these are not all the sons of Pahoran (for he had many), but these are they who did contend for the judgement-seat; therefore they did cause three divisions among the people." After we read the part that says "all the sons of Pahoran (for he had many)" Isaiah said, "Pahorn had too many horns!" Then he starts cracking up and laughing so hard. He thought he was so funny. We are trying to stay reverent and keep reading trying to ignore his funny little joke and then we get to the part where it says, judgement-seat and he says, "judgement seat belt!" And then he starts laughing so hard again. By this point we are all laughing hysterically including Brooklyn because she always laughs at her brother when he laughs. So then Zaya though he was so funny that after almost every word he would add in the word swimming suit. He thought he was so funny and it was probably not the most reverent FHE but at least we were all spending quality family time together and enjoying one another's company. And it made for a good laugh!

He is really starting to be a little jokester and thinks he is so funny! And he loves to try and scare us all the time too! He always does something and then will say, "Did I scare you mom?" He never has gotten me yet, but he did scare his dad the other day! :) Casey is worried that he might grow up to be a little jokester like his Uncle Peter. :)

He also says the phrase "Oh Dear" all the time which is really funny and recently started saying "I'm so sorry" any time anything happens. For example he will say this when he barely bumps into a chair. If I slam on the breaks in the car, or if he drops his puppy pillow and lots of other times. It is so funny. He says it over the funniest stuff and is so sincere when he says it. I'm glad he is so polite! LOL!

Then another funny one was we were taking a walk at night (we went to get the mail) and we saw a motorcycle on the way back. So I was telling him how motorcycles are cool but they are dangerous and so we have to be careful. Then he said, "Grandpa is going to get a motorcycle when he gets older." Then he proceeded to say, "Is Grandpa in Latvia?" And I told him he was. I asked him what Grandpa was doing in Latvia and he said, "Getting baptized." But when he says baptized it sounds like bagtized. I guess he was on the right track since Grandpa Davis is on a mission in Latvia. :) And I guess he isn't quite old enough to have a motorcycle! LOL!

Okay and this is the last one I can think of. I used to have a big problem with Isaiah raiding the freezer every time I take a shower and he would help himself to the chocolate chips. So I finally taught him his lesson and told him that because he did that next time he wanted a treat he wouldn't be able to have one. After doing that a couple of times it worked and now every time after I am done showering he always makes it a point to come and tell me that he didn't get into the chocolate chips. He will say, "I am so proud of you for not getting in the chocolate chips." So he still realizes he could get into them but decides to make me proud instead and doesn't eat them any more. I just think it is so funny that he has to tell me it every time I get out. I guess they are still a big temptation for him. :)

And here he is one day he decided to find the ring that goes in the microwave to make the food turn and he got it out and put it on his head like a crown. I thought is was too funny! He really is starting to get his own little imagination.


Brooky

Since I just barely updated on Brooky not too long ago there isn't too much new to say besides that this week she learned how to roll over with her Brace on! She has done it before when I take it off to change her diaper, but never while it was on. She is making progress and hopefully it won't hold her back too much! I guess she is determined to move and is going to do it whether she is wearing the brace or not. :) 

Also she has started on a few "real" foods. The other day we were eating some little mandarin oranges and Casey let her have a little lick of one. Well once she got a taste of it she wanted more. So he gripped that orange section as tight as he could and she started sucking on it like it was a bottle. She thought is tasted so good. So then when we were eating another one at the park she saw me peeling one for Zaya and she knew what it was and kept reaching for it. So I gave her some tiny tiny pieces so she wouldn't choke. She loved it. I have also given her a few pieces of cheddar cheese and she loves that too! But besides the little star puffs those are the only things she has tried so far. 

Here are a few more pictures of her at 8 months. She is growing up way too fast! She is my sweet little girl and I just want her to stay that way. But I guess they have to grow up whether we like it or not. :)








2 comments:

Brian and Karen Davis said...

Isaiah is SO cute! His mind is always thinking. And Brooky is getting so big.

Marné said...

she is so cute!!!