Monday, March 19, 2012

Isaiah + Brooklyn = Buddies (Plus more Fun Stuff)

Once I get behind on updating our blog I am never sure if I should do several posts or one big post...this time I decided to throw it all together into one post on all that we have been up to the past month. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I get a little carried away sometimes. :) Oh and sorry it took so long to get these pics up! I finally found the camera under the bed and the cord that Isaiah hauled off with. :) 

If you notice all the pictures that have both Isaiah and Brooklyn in them together they are all smiles and having such a good time being together! They really do get along well most the time, which is such a huge blessing!

Bath Time
These kids love bath time and I love pictures of them in and out of the bath, because that seems to be when I can catch the best smiles from both of them. 


Brooklyn sits up so well now that I have started to let her sit up in the tub. They both absolutely love to take baths and they love to splash each other. Because Brooky gets to take her brace off for baths she loves that she can move everywhere! So she splashes like crazy especially when I lay her down. So Zaya splashes her back and they just have a hay-day splashing each other while I make sure Zaya doesn't get too carried away. If one kid needs a bath, they both get a bath, because Zaya won't let me give Brooky a bath without begging to get in too. So I guess for now, it is okay to let them bathe together. :)


Brooklyn's 7 month pictures (taken 1 day late)



These kiddos are so happy together and they are really starting to be good buds. Now that Brooky is not quite so boring (to Isaiah) and interacting more now, he gives her more attention and she relishes every second of time he spends with her. He can make her smile more than anyone else and it is the best thing to hear them laugh at each other. It makes all the hard days of being a mom worth it! 
I LOVE this picture of them! Finally a good one with them both looking and smiling!
Zaya's hair is kinda long in these pictures! He absolutely hates getting his hair cut, so I let it get as long as I can stand it before I have to battle him for a hair cut! He is deathly afraid of the clippers and the scissors. I ask him which one he would rather have and he always answers, "Just the comb mom." Too bad the comb can't cut hair. And too bad he throws a huge fit if I take him somewhere too. Even if they offer balloons, candy and all the fun things you can think of it doesn't help. He screams the whole time. So it is better to just cut it myself and save us the embarrassment and the money. I have to hurry really fast and can do a decent job, but he doesn't let me trim around the edges very well. So I am always looking at him thinking his hair could use some help. Oh well. Hopefully one of these days soon he will not be afraid any more and enjoy getting his hair cut like his daddy. :) 


Trip to San Diego Botanical Gardens
Every first Tuesday of the month the Botanical Garden has free admittance so I decided to go and take the kids. Besides I can't resist a beautiful garden and even better bonus all our friends from play group came too. Since we go to the park for play group every Tuesday, we decided we would go to the gardens on this Tuesday. This was our first time to the Gardens and Isaiah loved it too, even though it was a bit of a cold day. 

 He loved to ride and sit on the turtles and dinosoars



We thought this grass horse was pretty neat! 
Only one of many beautiful pictures of the gardens! I have to go back again sometime! The horticulturist  in me was so in love with this place. I have to take Case there sometime!
All the kids thought the fish in the pond were really cool.

The giant tree house that was in the children's garden.  Zaya had a blast climbing and playing in this thing and the other cool areas they had in the children's garden.
He kept sitting here and pretending like he was driving his car with the window rolled down. Now whenever we go anywhere he always wants his window rolled ALL THE WAY DOWN! He was also pretending to drive this like it was Grandpa's jeep..
Gaby (One of  Zaya's best friend  here), Zaya, and Brooky. 

 Just some everyday fun photos


She loves playing with this toy and her little piano.

 Brooklyn's Photo shoot while Zaya was sleeping. :)
This one is my favorite I think. :)


She is constantly playing with her toes and if she has socks on she will  pull on them!

She is always bending over like this lately trying to go somewhere or grab something that is out of reach. She usually falls over and then is frustrated because then she can't go anywhere from there. I can tell she is starting to get frustrated that she can't move around more. But despite all of this she is still always happy and smiling!







These hilarious faces crack me up!







Fun on Daddy's Birthday
Case turned 28 and we had a nice low-key birthday which is exactly how he likes it. He doesn't like big surprises or parties for his birthday. But a birthday isn't a birthday to me, or Isaiah without a few streamers and balloons so Zaya helped me decorate the house a little bit. We went to a steak house for dinner and then came back and had pie and ice cream. Isaiah was convinced that we needed cupcakes for Daddy's birthday but after explaining to him several times that daddy likes pie, not cake he was finally okay with the idea and happy that we got to have ice cream too! :) He also had fun helping dad blow out the candles. After dessert we had fun playing dress up with the streamers. We didn't get too many pics on the camera before the battery died. The rest of the pics are on Casey's phone. We were dressing up like Indian warriors...then daddy said we looked liked Ninjas and that I looked like a hippy because my hair was curly! :) Now Isaiah calls Brooky a "little enja" and himself a "big enja." That is how he pronounces the word Ninja! Anyway we had a really fun time playing dress up with the streamers and the kids didn't want to go to bed after all the fun!

My cute "enja" with her pretty blue eyes! 
If you look close in this picture you can see her two little bottom teeth! I just love this girl!
My cute little Ninja and her "Hippy" mom. I finally get a good picture of us together and we have these dumb streamers on our heads! LOL! Oh well at least we were having lots of fun! I really need to try and get more pictures with myself and the kids instead of just the kids with each other.

Its been a great month full of lots of fun and smiles. Oh and also we are scheduled to see Brooky's Orthopedist one more time on April 25th. Then if still necessary we are scheduled for her surgery on May 9th. So we will keep you all posted on what happens, but for now we are just praying that everything works out well! :)  

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Rach your kids are just too cute! Brooke is getting so big! And has such an adorable smile! I can't believe she is 7 months old! Time flies by way too fast! Wish you guys were still here, but glad you're doing well!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Such adorable pictures, Rach! I can't get enough of that little Brooklyn's smile! Hope that all goes well at the checkup/x-rays in a month. We are still praying for her!