Monday, November 5, 2012

Brooky's cast is coming off!

I finally was able to get the Orthopedic department to call me back and schedule us in to get Brooky's cast removed! We have been on the waiting list for over a month and we were supposed to get her cast off sometime around the 14th of November. Well after calling and calling and leaving messages and still not getting anyone to get me an appointment I was starting to worry that we would end up having this cast on even longer! I was really hoping to have it off before Thanksgiving! Well today I called again, and this time they finally called back with an appointment! I guess the Dr, finally opened up some slots or something. Brooky gets her cast off on the 15th of November! That is in 10 days! I seriously felt like a kid on Christmas morning after I got off the phone! I am so thrilled that this day is almost here! I can't wait to give Brooky real baths again and squish and tickle and cuddle her without that heavy thing on! It is going to be so nice! Although I'm sure we will have some adjustments as well. I just can't wait! I am so excited! We finally know when we are getting the cast off, so I can officially start my countdown. We will find out when we go in if she has to wear the brace again or not and how everything looks. Wish us luck. Especially Brooky because she hates the cast cutter saw thing that they use to take the cast off! It will be totally worth it to get it off though! She just doesn't know that yet. :) We couldn't be more excited. I am truly thankful!

2 comments:

Ben & Carli said...

Yay! I am so excited for you. Your kids are adorable I loved their halloween pictures!

Trent said...

Woohooo!