Monday, November 5, 2012

Fall Fun and Halloween!

Our first fall activity was going to a little pumpkin patch and picking out a few pumpkins. It was a little rainy so we didn't stay long because we didn't want Brooky's cast to get wet. Plus all the little rides were all wet. We decided to pick the odd colored ones and then later bought a regular big one and two little ones to carve as well. I don't think I ever got any pictures of these ones carved. Woops.

Pumpkin Patch

Zaya loved pulling around his wagon full of gourds/pumpkins or whatever they are.

I was cleaning some dirt or something off of her cheeks when Casey snapped the photo. Looks like I am squeezing her cheeks though! lol

Posing by the pumpkins


Finally got all of them to look. :)

Zaya by the pumpkins


Pulling his load back to the car.

Ward Party


My cute little fairy princess and cowboy. Brooky was a little cranky since she was waiting to eat dinner. :)

I couldn't talk Isaiah into wearing his bandana or letting me put a mustache on him.

So precious.

Handsome cowboy.

Sweet smile.

I think she looks so pretty!

A flying princess! It took me all day long to paint her nail. Won't be doing that again for a long time!

Love her pretty blue eyes.

Our trunk partially decorated for the trunk or treat. It was hard to get a good picture with the full effect. The ward party was overall a big success I think. There were a lot of people that came. We had a dinner and then the kids went around and did the different booths. Zaya's favorite was the cake walk because he loved running around and around hoping to get his number drawn to get a treat. Even after he won, he just kept wanting to run around! While I was helping Brooky finish her dinner, Casey took Zaya to play at the different booths. Well there was a mad hatter dressed up really scary with his face painted and everything. I guess he sprayed silly string right in Isaiah's face and it scared him pretty bad! Then when I showed up Zaya was coming unglued every time the mad hatter was even close. He was so terrified that he was going to get sprayed again. It made me a little mad because the guy was scaring him on purpose and it ruined the rest of  the night for Isaiah. He went out to the car with dad to help him prepare the trunk for all the trunk or treaters. He was so afraid that I couldn't even get him to come back inside for the costume parade. He did do the trunk or treating though. Then that night he woke up screaming and I'm sure it was because he was so afraid of that guy! He ended up sleeping in our bed the whole night, which never happens. Then on our way to church on Sunday Isaiah was afraid to go because he was afraid that the scary guy who sprayed him was still going to be there. Poor boy has never been so afraid of anything in his life! On a happier note though, they both loved getting candy in their buckets at each car they visited!

Halloween Night


Since Zaya couldn't decide what to be he went with fireman this time. Here he is with one of his best friends Gabi who was dressed as Rapunzel.

Here I am as a cowgirl with my little fairy princess.

Here you can see me a bit better.I need to get the other pics from my friend who has one of all of us dressed up. 
 So on Halloween night we went over to our friends across the street and had a little halloween dinner before trick or treating. I brought these:
Mummy dogs

And Jello worms. These were kinda fun to make, but also a lot of work. People just don't really like the thought of eating worms. :)

Then we went with our friends to their neighborhood to trick or treat. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a blast. Zaya loved being able to get big handfuls at some of the doors. He filled his bucket clear to the top. He loved dumping it all out and counting it with me after we got home. Brooky loved searching through her bucket while we went around the neighborhood. She would reach in, pull out a candy. Taste it with the wrapper on, decide it was no good, then throw it off the side of her stroller! She kept doing thing (both at the trunk or treat and the night of Halloween  So finally I didn't let her hold her bucket anymore and had to just let her such on a lollipop until we were done. That seemed to suffice her just fine. And she loved getting all sticky each time! She got into trick or treating more than I thought she would!

Oh we also made Halloween sugar cookies one day. They turned out super cute, but I totally forgot to take picture of them. We made pumpkins, bats, and candy corn shapes. Here's to a happy rest of fall, even though it still feels like summer here most days. I just love it when it cools down at night, or when it is rainy because then it really does seem like fall.


No comments: